EIGHT GREAT PLACES TO HIDE HOLIDAY GIFTS FROM KIDS (The Stir)
1) The Attic. It's dusty. It's scary. It might be impossible for the kids to even get up there. Just be sure to store your gifts in a big black garbage bag or two to keep the dust off!
2) Your Underwear Drawer. No kid (especially boys) is going to want to dig through your underwear drawer. Or even worse, dad's drawer.
3) Suitcases. Kids will never suspect this one! Whether you have small duffel bags or huge suitcases, hide as many of your gifts as you can in these travel necessities. Just make sure you're not going on any trips before the holidays!
4) Right in Front of Their Eyes. The best hiding place is right out in the open. Well not completely. But store your gifts in crates or large boxes, and label them with boring, frightening things that will terrify your children. Grab a Sharpie and write "Math Study Guides" or "Tax Receipts 2007" on them.
5) The Garbage. Get yourself an extra large garbage can and keep it in your garage. Put your presents in a large black garbage bag and then keep it in the can. Just be careful NOT to put that can out on Garbage Days!
6) Under Your Bed. Put your gifts in large black garbage bags and hide them under your bed. Too obvious, you say? Okay, then add a number of decoys. Fill a handful of bags with old clothes and stick those under the bed too, surrounding the actual gifts.
7) In the Hamper. If you have a large hamper, stick the presents at the bottom and cover with dirty clothes. Alternatively, do the same thing in your closet with a large box, but cover with a mound of old dirty clothes.
8) Your Car. Keep what you can in the locked trunk of your car. As long as your kids don't look back there while you're out shopping, they'll never think to look there.