Forbes.com has released its annual list of The Highest-Paid Celebrities . . . and this year, MADONNA tops it, thanks to her highly profitable tour. She banked $125 million over the past year. Must be nice Material Girl! ~Dennis
This breaks OPRAH WINFREY'S four-year run at the top of Forbes' list. Oprah dropped to #13 this year.
Here's the Top 20, along with their earnings over the past year:
1. Madonna, $125 million
2. Steven Spielberg, $100 million
3. A three-way tie between Simon Cowell, Howard Stern and "Fifty Shades of Grey" author E.L. James, who all made $95 million
6. Author James Patterson, $91 million
7. Glenn Beck, $90 million
8. Director Michael Bay, $82 million
9. A tie between Lady Gaga and producer Jerry Bruckheimer, who both made $80 million
Bruckheimer is best-known for producing the "CSI" shows . . . and a ton of blockbuster action movies, including "Top Gun","Armageddon", "Black Hawk Down", "Pearl Harbor" and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise.
11. A tie between Tiger Woods and Tyler Perry, who both made $78 million
13. Oprah Winfrey, $77 million
14. Robert Downey, Jr., $75 million
15. Dr. Phil, $72 million
16. Tennis player Roger Federer, $71 million
17. TV show producer Dick Wolf, $70 million . . . He's probably best-known for creating the "Law & Order" franchise.
18. Rush Limbaugh, $66 million
19. Toby Keith, $65 million
20. TV show producer Mark Burnett, $63 million . . . He's best-known for producing the U.S. versions of "Survivor" and "The Voice", but he also created the History Channel's "Bible" miniseries this spring.
(For more information, hit up Forbes.com.)