Your resume has probably cost you a few potential interviews in your life, without you even knowing it. CareerBuilder.com just surveyed more than 5,000 people and asked them to name the DUMBEST resume mistakes they'd ever seen. I'm sure it's never happend to you but here are the top five!
1. A guy who mentioned spending time in jail for assaulting a former boss.
2. A person who put that their previous job title was, "Mr." Not, like, "Research Director." Just plain old 'Mister.'
3. A person who applied for the exact same job they'd just been FIRED from.
4. A person who claimed that leading warrior clans in an online role-playing game was an example of leadership experience.
5. The "Skills" section was spelled "S-k-e-l-z-e."
As for the more common resume mistakes, employers said the WORST thing you can do is have spelling mistakes. The other big mistake a lot of people make is sending in a generic resume that doesn't seem customized for the job.
Employers also say they've passed on someone for having an inappropriate email address, printing their resume on decorative paper, or including a photo.
So now you know what NOT to do! :)