TECHIE TOYS FOR KIDS ON ROAD TRIPS (TheStir.com)
1. iPad -- If you have an iPad, then you honestly don't need anything else. Between watching movies & playing games, this thing has definitely saved our sanity on more than one road trip.
2. iPod Touch -- The iPod is definitely the next best thing to the iPad, and it's what we used for our son before we upgraded to the iPad. It still plays movies and offers games, but with a smaller, hand-held screen.
3. Headphones -- Do I really need to explain this one?
4. Leapster/Leap Pad -- The Leapster & Leap Pad is great for small kids who haven't quite mastered using big kid gadgets just yet. And since it offers educational games, they can keep on learning right through the summer.
5. Portable DVD players -- Portable players are pretty much dinosaurs when it comes to movie watching methods, but they will still keep your child entertained.
6. Extra chargers -- No matter what kind of technological device you pack for your kids, make sure to have at least one extra charger on hand in case you leave one at your destination. We've lost many a charger to hotel rooms and relatives' homes, so it's always smart to have a spare.