Now that October has arrived and Halloween is just a few weeks away, it's time to start thinking about what costume to wear this year. The International Business Times put together a list of what it believes the top 10 Halloween costumes will be this year, guided by input from leading industry sources:
1. Zombie -- IBT cited an industry leader saying zombies are the new vampires, in part because of the hit AMC cable TV show The Walking Dead.
2. Captain America -- Star of a summer blockbuster movie this year.
3. Don Draper -- From AMC's hit show Mad Men
4. Charlie Sheen -- No explanation needed after Sheen's crazy meltdown of a year.
5. Frankie Stein -- From Mattel's Monster High franchise.
6. Thor -- The star of another summer blockbuster movie this year.
7. Arnold Schwarzenegger -- The former California governor left office and fell into a scandal involving him fathering a now 13-year-old boy with the family's maid.
8. Anthony Weiner -- Weiner's very bad year involved him stepping down from office after tweeting sexual photos and messages to women who weren't his wife -- and having a sex scandal while carrying that unfortunate last name.
9. Ron Paul -- The perennial GOP presidential candidate has helped make his libertarian ideas that once were viewed as loopy gain popularity.
10. Amy Winehouse -- Winehouse is gone, but homage can be paid on Halloween, including with a wig based on her fabulous beehive hairdo.